Fun Facts About South Africa

Fun Facts About South AfricaDID YOU KNOW THAT...

Perhaps the most famous South African movie is "Tsotsi" by Gavin Hood."Tsotsi" is a story about a gang leader.On March 5, 2006, "Tsotsi" won the Academy Award for Foreign Language Film in Los Angeles.
In his speech, Gavin Hood said, "God bless Africa. Wow. I have a speech, it´s in my pocket, but that thing says 38 seconds. But mine´s way too long. Go to tsotsi.com and there is a huge long list of people. Because I´m accepting this not for myself. This is for best foreign language film. It is sitting right there to start with.Please stand up Presley Chweneyagae and Terry Pheto. My two fantastic young leads. Put the cameras on them, please. Viva Africa. Viva. I´ve got ten seconds.Ten seconds I just want to thank my fellow nominees who I´ve become deep friends with. We may have foreign language films, but our stories are the same as your stories. They´re about the human heart and emotion. It says please wrap.Thank you so much. Thank you to the Academy. Thank you".
Winner: "Tsotsi" (South Africa)
Finalists:
-"Sophie Scholl" (Germany)
-"Joyeux Noel" (France)
-"The Beast of the Heart" (Italy)
-"Paradise Now" (Palestine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

interesting facts, nutrition facts , fun facts, etc.